Monday, March 3, 2008

Thing 7

My librarian owner has just finished "thing 7." We use e-mail alot, as she doesn't like to use the phone much, so e-mail is really good for her. She also has used IM- but has often found herself (contrary to what I just wrote) calling the person if the IM needs it. And I use IM with her to talk sometimes to my friends- as barking into the phone gets a little loud.

My librarian also prefers patrons in her library, new to e-mail, to use Yahoo e-mail, she feels it is much easer for new users to understand than g-mail or hotmail.

In her library the have "Ask a Librarian" for patrons to e-mail in reference questions or concerns. She hasn't complained to me about it, so it must be working ok for her library system.

She has also done a few different kinds of webinars. Which she thinks is totally cool and is sort of a "green" library tool- you don't have to get in a car and go somewhere to do it!

I can't believe it got soo cold again.... Mad Maddie Dog

No comments: