Boy oh puppy chow did we have a good time! I wasn't sure what Angie was getting us into. But I hadn't seen my Sue in a long time. I had forgotten how many puppies she had taken in. There is Kiera, who is older than me at 14. I have never encountered a greyhound before, she likes her peace and solitude just as much as I do. So us old broads got special treatment from those younger ones. All together there were 7 of us canines. Kiera, Nicki, Ruth, Yeager, Jake, Jack and then me.
Jack had a blast. It was the first time he had been around so many dogs! and he did pretty well. He loved being able to play and run around off leash. He even fell in the river looking for me!- what a dummy.
We stayed at Sue's dad's place. Roy was really nice, and let us come in the house. It was safe and relaxing to lay on his kitchen floor while everyone ate- jack and I were so happy to be included we showed good manners and didn't even beg.
Jake didn't like Jack much, Jake is an older black lab that has taken Roy on as a human companion. But you can't blame Jake, Jack was wormin in on the girls. Ruthie and Kiera really liked Jack. Good thing I told him a few things we ladies like, though don't ever try them on me!
We did get left one evening in the fenced yard. I wasn't to happy with this arrangement, but it was better than being left tethered outside.
I hope Sue invites us back. It sure was fun. It was hard to be a mad maddie dog with such a nice trip. Who knew WI could be so fun?
Take a look at some of our pictures...
No comments:
Post a Comment