Library 2.0: My librarian owner and I were talking about this today. She read the articles and watched the video. She was divided though in her review and contemplating on the process or paradigm of L2. One on thought, she was very excited because her library system was already thinking about some of these issues and outcomes and had acted on them. And yet she couldn't quite get over the idea that this is just another change or growth that libraries and society always go through together, but this time its embraced as more of a given. Libraries aren't fighting against some of these changes but really jumping in and attempting to be in on it or harnessing it for their good. It's just plain good marketing sense. I see her adapting to new technologies every day, she adapts much better than I do- I am still getting used to my retractable leash!
She aslo grumbled about Stephen Abram and his notion that it takes only 15 minutes a day to find the time to explorer some of these new areas. I know my lib-owner, it takes her longer- specially if she has to work it in between patrons on the reference desk. It's not like at home, where she can ignore me for an hour while she is checking out new things on the internet, until I whine that I really have to go "outside."
I look forward to the things she will discover in "23 things on a stick" and how those new things will help improve my life...like when she discovered how to share pictures of me with our friends. That was way cool, now if she will only let me use her digital camera...
Woof Out- Mad Maddie Dog
No comments:
Post a Comment